Making Waves amplifies the advocacy work women are doing around the world through collaborating and documenting the priorities and perspectives that come from our global collective expertise.
Making Waves started in May 2020. It arose from the work of Salamander Trust, and the connections made over three decades between women activists with lived experience and their allies working on HIV, gender equality, violence against women, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and rights more broadly.
Our core principles
- Foregrounding the lived experiences and expertise of women in all our diversity
- Movement building
- Systemic transformation
- Trans inclusive
- Making care visible and valued
- Upending the hierarchy of evidence
- Examining and challenging power
- Co-authoring and collaborating – no hierarchies
- Women-led and women-centred
- Accessibility and digital inclusion